The General Service is recommended approximately every 6 months, depending on how often you ride and the riding conditions. The General Service includes the following:
- Check wheel bearing play and adjust if necessary.
- Inspect tyres for wear and damage.
- Check tyre pressure.
- Check spoke tension and touch-true wheels.
- Clean, inspect and grease wheel skewers if applicable.
- Check and adjust air pressure in fork and rear shock (if applicable.)
- Inspect visible fork components and rear linkages for play and wear.
Frame and related
- Check headset for play / wear
- Inspect for loose bolts and nuts
- Clean and grease seat post
- Check dropout
- Inspect chain for wear, clean and lubricate
- Clean cassette
- Clean and adjust front and rear derailleurs
- Replace gear cables if required.
- Replace gear cable housings if required. * parts extra
V-Brake / Caliper Brakes
- Inspect brake pads for wear / age and adjust or replace as necessary * parts extra
- Inspect brake cables
- Solvent clean rims
- Inspect brake pads for wear and replace if necessary * parts extra
- Inspect rotors for damage
- Adjust Caliper alignment if necessary.
Services are based on bikes being booked in – we will try our best to accommodate your time schedule, but book early to avoid disappointment! Prices exclude parts and non-standard repairs.